- Wayne Palmer and Antje Missbach. 2017. Enforcing labour rights of trafficked migrant workers and refugees in Indonesia. International Conference on Human Rights, Migration, and Development in ASEAN, Jakarta, 12 December.
- Wayne Palmer. 2016. Menembus Persaingan Serapan Tenaga Kerja di Level Internasional, event to launch Centre for Language, Cultures & Sustainability & Career Development Centre, Bojonegoro University, 21 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2016. Indonesia’s Criminal Justice Response to Human Trafficking: The Problem of Institutional Coordination, Recommendations to Support Indonesia’s Efforts to Prosecute Human trafficking, Indonesia’s Attorney General’s Office in Partnership with International Organization for Migration, Jakarta, 8 September.
- Wayne Palmer. 2016. Anti-trafficking and Cross-border Solutions (Roundtable), PilNet’s 3rd Annual Asia Pro Bono Forum, Sanur, 30 August.
- Wayne Palmer. 2016. Report Recommendations to Support Indonesia’s Efforts to Prosecute Human trafficking, Indonesia’s Attorney General’s Office in Partnership with International Organization for Migration, Jakarta, 4 April.
- Wayne Palmer. 2016. An Examination of the Indonesian National Police’s Handling of Human Trafficking Cases, Centre for International Legal Cooperation, Bandung, 1-3 March.
- Wayne Palmer. 2015. Protection Mechanisms for Migrant Workers within the ASEAN Economic Community: The Case of Indonesian Migrant Workers in Malaysia and Singapore, Centre for Local Law Development Studies International Symposium, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Yogyakarta, 24 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2014. Taking Responsibility for Employment Companies that Overcharge Indonesian Migrant Workers in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 24 March.
ACADEMIC CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- Wayne Palmer and Antje Missbach. 2017. Trafficking within Migrant Smuggling Operations: Underage Transporters as ‘Victims’ or ‘Perpetrators’? Smuggling Workshop, El Paso, 6-8 April.
- Wayne Palmer. 2013. Acquiring the Ability to Engage with the Host Setting: Javanese Labour Migrants who Become Illegal Overseas. Javanese Diaspora Workshop, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, 4-5 November.
- Anne McNevin and Wayne Palmer. 2012. Governing ‘illegal’ migration in the borderzones of Indonesia and Malaysia: between control and facilitation. The 3rd Asian Borderlands Network Conference, Singapore, 11-13 October.
- Michele Ford and Wayne Palmer. 2012. Australia-bound Asylum Seekers and Foreign Policy in Indonesia. The 19th ASAA Biennial Conference, Sydney, 11-13 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Bilateral Agreements and Migrant Worker Rights: A Critical Assessment of the Agreements that Govern Indonesian Labour Migration to Malaysia. XVII ISA World Congress of Sociology, Gothenburg, 11-17 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Regulating Migration for Domestic Work: An Examination of Indonesian Government Policy. How Safe is Safe Workshop, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 25-26 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Regularising Aceh: Making Migrant Workers out of Former Refugees and Displaced Persons. 9th ASEAN Inter-University Seminar on Social Development, Banda Aceh, 25-27 May.
- Wayne Palmer. 2009. State as Human Trafficker? Reflections on the Indonesian State and its Involvement in Trafficking-like Practices. Labour Migration and Trafficking: Policy Making at the Border Workshop, Kuala Lumpur, 1-3 August.
- Wayne Palmer. 2009. Public-Private Partnerships in the Management of Indonesian Migrant Labour in Hong Kong. Indonesia Council Open Conference, Sydney, 15-16 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Choosing Exploitation: Employment Conditions and Migrant Worker Decision-making in Hong Kong. The 9th International Women in Asia Conference, Brisbane, 29 September-1 October.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Protecting Indonesia’s Migrant Workers Overseas. AIGRP Policy Research Forum Young Scholars Workshop, Jakarta, 1 December.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Reorganising the Boundaries of Sovereignty. The 17th ASAA Biennial Conference, Melbourne, 1-3 July.