- Wayne Palmer. 2016. An Examination of the Indonesian National Police’s Handling of Human Trafficking Cases, Centre for International Legal Cooperation, Bandung, 1-3 March.
- Wayne Palmer. 2015. Protection Mechanisms for Migrant Workers within the ASEAN Economic Community: The Case of Indonesian Migrant Workers in Malaysia and Singapore, Centre for Local Law Development Studies International Symposium, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Yogyakarta, 24 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2014. Taking Responsibility for Employment Companies that Overcharge Indonesian Migrant Workers in Hong Kong, Southeast Asia Research Centre, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 24 March.
- Anne McNevin and Wayne Palmer. 2012. Governing ‘illegal’ migration in the borderzones of Indonesia and Malaysia: between control and facilitation. The 3rd Asian Borderlands Network Conference, Singapore, 11-13 October.
- Michele Ford and Wayne Palmer. 2012. Australia-bound Asylum Seekers and Foreign Policy in Indonesia. The 19th ASAA Biennial Conference, Sydney, 11-13 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Bilateral Agreements and Migrant Worker Rights: A Critical Assessment of the Agreements that Govern Indonesian Labour Migration to Malaysia. XVII ISA World Congress of Sociology, Gothenburg, 11-17 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Regularising Aceh: Making Migrant Workers out of Former Refugees and Displaced Persons. 9th ASEAN Inter-University Seminar on Social Development, Banda Aceh, 25-27 May.
- Wayne Palmer. 2009. Public-Private Partnerships in the Management of Indonesian Migrant Labour in Hong Kong. Indonesia Council Open Conference, Sydney, 15-16 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Choosing Exploitation: Employment Conditions and Migrant Worker Decision-making in Hong Kong. The 9th International Women in Asia Conference, Brisbane, 29 September-1 October.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Reorganising the Boundaries of Sovereignty. The 17th ASAA Biennial Conference, Melbourne, 1-3 July.
- Wayne Palmer. 2013. Acquiring the Ability to Engage with the Host Setting: Javanese Labour Migrants who Become Illegal Overseas. Javanese Diaspora Workshop, Gadjah Mada University, Yogyakarta, 4-5 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2010. Regulating Migration for Domestic Work: An Examination of Indonesian Government Policy. How Safe is Safe Workshop, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 25-26 November.
- Wayne Palmer. 2009. State as Human Trafficker? Reflections on the Indonesian State and its Involvement in Trafficking-like Practices. Labour Migration and Trafficking: Policy Making at the Border Workshop, Kuala Lumpur, 1-3 August.
- Wayne Palmer. 2008. Protecting Indonesia’s Migrant Workers Overseas. AIGRP Policy Research Forum Young Scholars Workshop, Jakarta, 1 December.